NovAtel Inc. have announced TerraStar-L, a new 40 centimetre (cm) Precise Point Positioning (PPP) correction service.
TerraStar-L is a subscription based correction service that delivers GNSS correction data via satellite to users of precision navigation systems. Position accuracy of 40 cm makes TerraStar-L ideal for broad accuracy applications such as agriculture, GIS or unmanned vehicle navigation, particularly where tree lines, buildings and other obstructions can be an impediment to continuous positioning.
With the addition of the new TerraStar-L correction service, NovAtel now offers two levels of PPP corrections through its NovAtel CORRECT positioning engine; the new 40 cm accuracy service, and a 4 cm service through its TerraStar-C solution. By offering two diverse accuracy options, customers have the flexibility to choose the performance level best suited to their application. The correction data for both services provides consistent worldwide accuracy and is delivered over satellite which eliminates the need for a local base station.
“The robustness and redundancy built in to the TerraStar network infrastructure makes TerraStar correction data extremely reliable,” stated Sara Masterson, Business Development Manager of Correction Services at NovAtel. “When our customers operate in environments with obstructions that can block GNSS signals, TerraStar-L offers a repeatable 40 cm solution, reducing position drifts or jumps. This maximizes uptime and productivity for our customers by providing fast initialization to a reliable decimetre position.”
NovAtel CORRECT with PPP combines GNSS satellite clock and orbit correction data from TerraStar’s global reference station network service to deliver solutions with high accuracy and instant re-convergence in challenging environments.
Additional information on NovAtel’s PPP solutions can be found at:
TerraStar GNSS Corrections
We are exhibiting at this year’s Geo Business exhibition. The show will be running on the 24th-25th May at the Business Design Centre in London.
You can find us at Stand M19.
NovAtel Inc. have announced the release of version 6.700 firmware for OEM628, FlexPak6, and SMART6-L GNSS receivers.
General updates include:
- OEM628 Release (supports OEM628 based platforms)
- Support for Terrastar-L 40 cm PPP service
- Improvements to Terrastar-C convergence times – faster convergence to 20 cm accuracy
- Introduction of TerraStar Speed restrictions. All Land and Agriculture subscriptions are now subject to a speed restriction of 36 m/s (or 129.6 km/h)
- Improved Autosurvey feature. User can auto survey and save up to 32 positions in memory (for use on Smart6-L with RELAY)
- L-band tracking improvements – faster recovery after brief signal blockages
- Fix for use with Virtual Reference Stations (VRS) that re-cycle their base station IDs. RTK position jumps were possible after a loss of NTRIP connection when the VRS location changed but base station ID did not
- Added PGN129027 Position Delta, Rapid Update (10Hz) message to the CAN output messages.
6.700 New Commands:
- MODEL FEATURES
NovAtel is committed to providing excellent value to our customers in the form of firmware updates and upgrades. By providing this functionality as a firmware update, customers can apply it to their existing receivers, enabling quick changeover and no downtime. This firmware update is available free of charge to all customers.
Download here: OEM6 Family Firmware
For more information on NovAtel’s OEM6 products, visit: