GAJT with Forsberg’s Junction Box was selected for the Royal Navy T26 frigate to protect navigation and precise timing receivers from intentional jamming and accidental interference.
- GPS Anti-Jam antenna system was required for the Royal Navy’s new Type 26 frigate to protect GPS-based navigation and precise timing receivers from intentional jamming and accidental interference, ensuring that the satellite signals necessary to compute position and time are always available
- The system had to be resistant to high levels of shock and vibration, and suitable for a marine environment and integration
- Forsberg worked in collaboration with a systems integrator to supply the NovAtel GPS Anti-Jam Technology (GAJT) 700MS integrated CRPA antenna and receiver but had to engineer a bespoke interface mount to provide compatibility with the ship power, data and RF requirements
- Design, testing, assembly and production of the units have taken place with further deliveries due in our current contract
- There is the potential for further contracts as the Type 26 is sold to overseas customers